Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Slipping Away

Slipping away-that's what I sense this cycle is doing.  Today's b/w and u/s were not so good; not bad enough to cancel yet, but bad enough that the C-word was brought up.  I have 2 follies measuring 18.5 and 19.5.  My E2 level is only 267.  I was hopeful after the u/s, even with only 2 follies, because I thought I only needed to have 2 follies over 18mm to do egg retrieval.  I wasn't thrilled about 2 measly follies, but it's better than I've done that last couple of IVF cycles when I had a lead follie jump ahead of all the others.  Apparently my RE is not feeling so hopeful and he made sure his nurse brought up the possibility of canceling because of the low E2 level and number of follies.  She said he "usually likes to have more than 2 to work with."  Well, so do I but we can't always get what we want, can we?  I told her that this is my last cycle and I'd really like to get to retrieval.  I may have to do battle tomorrow after more b/w and u/s.  Ugh.

2 comments:

Lost in Space said...

So sorry things aren't going as well as you'd like. (Hugs). I'm frustrated for you and hope your RE is willing to go the distance and give those follicles a chance. Do whatever you need to for them to listen. Pulling for you and hoping for a nice E2 rise with a couple more follicles catching up.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry. There are no words to make this situation better.

Hoping that the next appointment shows great improvement.