Sunday, April 20, 2008

Hanging On-Barely

My scan and blood work this morning weren't great, but they weren't bad enough to get me bumped to IUI yet.  My E2 has increased to 146, still really really low for 9 days of stims but higher than it was 3 days ago.  And the follies are still small, but 3 are getting close to the 12mm mark when my clinic begins measuring follies.  The u/s tech actually measured them anyway and said they were 9, 9, and 10.  Again, not where you want to be after 9 days of massive doses of FSH, but better than having a lead follicle at this point.  

When the nurse called this afternoon, she told me to continue the lupron and stims until I come back on Tuesday.  I asked if my RE considered taking me off lupron since that's what we did during my first go-around with this protocol, with a different RE, and it seemed to help.  She said he wants to give it another couple of days since things seem to be moving in the right direction. He would reconsider the lupron again after Tuesday's scan.  I think it's probably the lupron that has kept a lead follie from developing this time so I understand his reluctance to remove it, but if the follies don't grow then that's no good either.    

I wonder what's the longest one can stim.  If I keep going at this rate, it should be about 16 days or so for me.  Is that possible?

Thank you for all the kind comments to my previous post.  My anxiety got the best of me.  I can't promise that it won't happen again before Tuesday so beware.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you didn't get the news you were looking for.

F/Xed that Tuesday's scan looks a heck of a lot better than today's.

I don't know much about the lupron protocol. I was on estrogen and progesterone.

Lost in Space said...

I am happy to hear you are still progressing in the right direction. Every victory on this journey deserves a celebration!

I'm sorry you are worried. I am wishing all the best for you and that each injection brings you one step closer to your ER. Let all your anxieties out as you need to. We're here for you.

Huge ((hugs))

Barb said...

Oh my GOSH sweetie SIXTEEN DAYS??

Lots and lots and lots of hugs for you. You are definitely a much stronger woman than I.