Friday, April 25, 2008

One Good Egg

I just got back from ER and it didn't go nearly as well as it could have, but I'm not completely out yet.  I'm hanging on by my fingernails. They only got one egg-one measly egg. The RE who performed the retrieval said he tried several flushing techniques on the other follie, but there just wasn't anything there. So it looks like I did get a single dominant follicle again this time, but it brought along what amounts to a cyst to keep it company. I hate my ovary at this moment.  It does nothing but mock me.

 I'll get a fertilization update tomorrow.  DH kept saying that all we need is one good egg and he's trying to stay positive.  A friend of mine said that someone has to beat the odds and maybe it will be me.  I'm feeling less and less hopeful about that possibility.  I'm still hoping, but I'm not really expecting much of anything.  

3 comments:

Lost in Space said...

So sorry you weren't able to get both. Keeping everything crossed that your egg is beyond fabulous and fertilizes beautifully.

You have lots of friends holding onto hope for you. I know it is hard to do for yourself sometimes. ((Hugs))

Carissa said...

That really sucks. I'm sorry (((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

Well the title of your blog is "One Good Egg". Maybe that's a good sign?

F/Xed that you get a great FR!