Thursday, June 18, 2009

We Said No

We decided to not pursue the possible match with the little girl from my last post.  After speaking with her caseworker, it became apparent that she has multiple significant delays beyond what we feel we can handle.  I have to believe that the right family will be found for this little one and that our child will come our way eventually.  It makes me sad that this child's life will be forever affected by her mother's choices when pregnant with her.  She deserves better, but we don't feel we're the ones who can give it to her. 

5 comments:

Barb said...

I'm sorry sweetie. That's hard. But you're very smart to make the decisions that are best for you and the child.

On the happy side, I'm so excited that you're so far into the matching process that you're getting calls!!!

Steph said...

I am sorry this wasn't the one for you. Your's is out there somewhere.

Wendy said...

Hi Karen,

I'm sorry that the match didn't work out.

Your child will find you; I'm sorry it's been so hard.

Wendy

Beautiful Mess said...

I'm sorry, hon. You made the right choice. I'm sure she'll find the perfect fit for her and her needs.
*HUGS*

Me said...

I read this yesterday. I'm sorry to respond so late but replying to blog posts on my Crackberry is a super PITA. I can NOT imagine how hard it would be to turn down a child so young that you desperately want. But I applaud your maturity in not taking on a child you don't think you can handle to avoid a potential future disruption. ((HUGS))